The SDS2021 (VIII Simpósio de Design Sustentável + Sustainable Design Symposium) is one of the main events in the field of Design for Sustainability in South America.
The event will be held between 1st and 3rd December 2021, and it is endorsed by the Brazilian Learning Network on Sustainability (LeNS Brazil) and DESIS Network (Design for Social Innovation and Sustainability Network).
On this edition, the event will be carried out entirely on digital format. That carries the opportunity of a wider geographic outreach. The target audience of SDS2021 are professionals, researchers, students and professionals from Design and related fields, as well as those working on the development of sustainable solutions in industry, NGOs and the government. During the three days of the event, we will have a wide range of activities aimed at promoting the sharing and debate of ideas and practices, including round tables, mini-courses, technical sessions, lectures, virtual exhibitions and book launches.
SDS is back to Curitiba on its 8th Edition
On this edition the event returns to its birthplace. Indeed, its first edition was organized by the Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) and took place in Curitiba- PR in 2007. Since then, it has been organized every two years in different universities across different regions of Brazil;
- The second edition took place in 2009, in São Paulo-SP, being organized by the Anhembi Morumbi University;
- In 2011, the event took place in Recife-PE, organized by the Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE);
- In 2013, it was jointly organized in Porto Alegre-RS by the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (Unisinos) and Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis (UniRitter);
- In 2015, only the national version (SBDS) took place in Rio de Janeiro-RJ, organized by the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio);
- In 2017, it completed 10 years and was held in Belo Horizonte-MG by the Postgraduate Program in Built Environment and Sustainable Heritage and by the Department of Architecture and Urbanism Technology at the Federal University of Minas Gerais – UFMG;
- In 2019 the event was held in Recife, organized by the Federal University of Pernambuco – Laboratory of the Imaginary and Design Department, with the acronym SDS – Symposium on Sustainable Design + Sustainable Design Symposium, as defined in the 2017 edition.